Getting started with SavaPage: questions and answers

Hi,
@rijkr ,
We are trying to make source codes compilable. However, we cannot find the file named “org.savapage.core.versionInfo”.
How can we make the codes recompileable?
Thank you…

org.savapage.core.VersionInfo.java is generated from a template. Follow the build track in the savapage-make project

“Log in to the printer machine”? That’s not what SavaPage is about. Take some time to read the User Manual.

When trying to sync users with AD, I can’t seem to use a base DN that contains a space in the name. Escaping using \ or any combination of quotes doesn’t seem to work, and I can’t find a mention of this issue in the documentation. Is there a way to do this or am I out of luck?

@lorsungcu Did you try this format: DC="My DC with spaces"
If this does not work, please use support@savapage.org to continue this conversation.

SavaPage displays the name of the document in the interface when sending a Cyrillic file for printing \320\230\320\267\320\274\320\265\320\275\320\270\321\202\321\214 \320\277\321\200\320\270\320\275\321\202\320\265\321\200. Can supported SavaPage UTF8?

Hi @Aleksei Welcome to SavaPage. I cannot reproduce this finding. When I print a file with Cyrillic characters in its filename, the filename is displayed correctly in SavaPage. Can you give details about your printing scenario? From where (platform/OS) do you print, and which driver do you use?

Hello!
Driver used PostScript Printer Drive.
RedOS operating system based on RHEL 7

Hi @Aleksei This display error occurs when RAW printing (with PostScript printer driver) to SavaPage. The error has been fixed in the latest Release Candidate version.

What is the latest version available? We currently have 1.5.0-rc installed

1.5.0-rc is a “Rolling Release Candidate”, just download and install to run the latest version. See Upgrading the Server in the User Manual.

Can you please tell me what the latest version is at the moment? We already have 1.5.0-rc installed and the problem is still present

Download and install again.

excuse me sir, i want to ask, how to configuration Active Directory windows server for server savapage

@alfarizi , we do have a User Manual. Read this section about LDAP : Microsoft Active Directory is one of the options.

Hi,

Savapage looks interesting! I’m looking for a basic remote printing setup for the community where I live. Ideally there’d be ± 80 logins for people and it is registrered how many pages are printed.
Question 1: would that be possible?
Question 2: Would it be possible to run savapage on a minimal setup like a raspberry pi?

Hi @benjamin Welcome to SavaPage!
A.1 : Just give it a try in a test environment, and … read the User Manual :slight_smile:
A.2 : See SavaPage on a Single-Board-Computer

1 Like

Hi Mr Rijkr

I have installed the Savapage server on the device I am using and it has been configured with the HP Laserjet MFP M527 printer and it is running well, so how can the Savapge server be configured with the LDAP server so that all Savapage server users or users of the LDAP server can be synchronized, can you please? provides steps for this

@wahidin Welcome to SavaPage! It’s all explained in the LDAP section of the User Manual.

Excuse me sir, how this is resolved?