Getting started with SavaPage: questions and answers

You’ve just discovered SavaPage, but wonder: does this solution really meet my needs? We recognize it’s sometimes difficult to find ready-made answers in the User Manual for specific scenarios you have in mind.

Ask your questions here so that we can easily put you on track.

Hello everyone,

I would like to implement SavaPage on my company. We use here HID Proximity Card II for door access. I was wondering if the HID cards will be compatible with those ACS card readers the Linux library supports. I know nothing about RFID systems, could anyone of you point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

@eabreu savapage-nfc-reader uses Linux package libacsccid1 which is a PC/SC driver for ACS USB CCID smart card readers.

There are PC/SC driver packages for other smart card readers available, but I do not see a PC/SC driver for HID Proximity Card II readers in Linux (Debian).

HID Global does have Linux PC/SC HID OMNIKEY drivers available for download, but I have no experience with this solution and don’t know if this suits your requirement.

Finding out if/how this HID solution works will surely need substantial research. A first step would be to get plain RFID reading going in a proof-of-concept setting with target reader and sample card(s). Next, the proof-of-concept needs to be integrated into savapage-nfc-reader.

May be you can get support via the PCSC lite project to find out about HID support. I hope this helps you to get on your way.

Thank you for your quick answer @rijkr. I will dig into this topic with the information you have provided. Thanks again.

I have just installed my server. When I look at the proxy printers list it show configuration needed. I have checked all the settings, the printer is completely configured I think.

@crege2 Welcome to SavaPage!

The “Configuration needed” tag shows up to remind you to configure at least one (1) of the Media Sources, as explained in this section of the User Manual. I will adapt the manual to make this more clear.