Getting started with SavaPage: questions and answers

What is the latest version available? We currently have 1.5.0-rc installed

1.5.0-rc is a “Rolling Release Candidate”, just download and install to run the latest version. See Upgrading the Server in the User Manual.

Can you please tell me what the latest version is at the moment? We already have 1.5.0-rc installed and the problem is still present

Download and install again.

excuse me sir, i want to ask, how to configuration Active Directory windows server for server savapage

@alfarizi , we do have a User Manual. Read this section about LDAP : Microsoft Active Directory is one of the options.

Hi,

Savapage looks interesting! I’m looking for a basic remote printing setup for the community where I live. Ideally there’d be ± 80 logins for people and it is registrered how many pages are printed.
Question 1: would that be possible?
Question 2: Would it be possible to run savapage on a minimal setup like a raspberry pi?

Hi @benjamin Welcome to SavaPage!
A.1 : Just give it a try in a test environment, and … read the User Manual :slight_smile:
A.2 : See SavaPage on a Single-Board-Computer

1 Like

Hi Mr Rijkr

I have installed the Savapage server on the device I am using and it has been configured with the HP Laserjet MFP M527 printer and it is running well, so how can the Savapge server be configured with the LDAP server so that all Savapage server users or users of the LDAP server can be synchronized, can you please? provides steps for this

@wahidin Welcome to SavaPage! It’s all explained in the LDAP section of the User Manual.

Excuse me sir, how this is resolved?

@alfarizi The red X signals a non-secure Proxy Printer that no one can print to. See Proxy Printer List. You probably unchecked “Allow Non-Secure Proxy Print” in the Proxy Print options.

how to configuration time zone? because the timezone in the report invoice don’t same as with my timezone

@alfarizi The report shows the server’s time zone, not the client’s.

Thank you sir, this problem is solved

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-27 at 10.23.16

Hello Mr Rijkr.

I have a problem, after I added the Card Reader in the Devices menu,
Ip Address 192.168.10.8 in is the printer I use, before I configured the Add card Reader, the printer I used ran well and after I configured the Add card Reader the printer turned off and the status of the NFC Card I created was “Disconnected”. what do I have to do?

@alfarizi You’re on the wrong track. A Network Card Reader device runs the SavaPage Network Card Reader Service. Use the IP address of this device (with port number of the service) in the Network Card Reader dialog.

Hi there,

I recently installed SavaPage on Debian 12 in a Virtual Machine running on my file server. According to what I have read from the documentation, I think I have set it up correctly. But when I tried to connect to the Admin web portal, my browser said that “The site cannot be reached.” I tried accessing the web portal through my VM but it still came back with the same response. I have no idea on what I missed or set-up wrong. In the end I lust want to print from all devices in my home quickly and easily, without having to wrestle with printer drivers.

Thank you.

@GeorgeDaGreat Check the content of your /opt/savapage/server/logs/server.log … if it shows that SavaPage is up and running, your problem is outside the scope of SavaPage.

Hi again,

It turns out that the SavaPage service was not running at all when I tried connecting to the web portal. All I had to do was to start the service using systemctl start savapage, and after I did that, I was able to connect to the web portal, at last!

Thank you.

1 Like