Getting started with SavaPage: questions and answers

This time all printouts will be 2-sided.

Can’t the user print both single-sided and double-sided using the fast print feature?

It’s a big problem for our organization. How can we overcome this problem by making improvements?

Thank you.

I’m working on a solution, will keep you posted.

1 Like

I’m waiting impatiently.
Mr rijkr

Excuse me sir, how to install driver SAVAPAGE.PPD in Windows 10? but in windows 10 only work .INF

1 Like

@rijkr,
@alfarizi
We will definitely need a Windows driver for the fast printing feature. Because it is not fully compatible with standard drivers from Microsoft and other manufacturers.

I can say that the SAVAPAGE.ppd driver works very functionally on my Linux computer.

How can I add the double-sided printing option to the Windows driver project you created ?

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; SavaPage Printer Driver, (c) 2015 Datraverse B.V.
;
; SPDX-FileCopyrightText: 2015 Datraverse B.V. info@datraverse.com
; SPDX-License-Identifier: AGPL-3.0-or-later
;
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Version]
Signature=“$Windows NT$”
Provider=Datraverse B.V.
ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Class=Printer
CatalogFile=oemprint.cat

DriverVer=15/05/2012,0.9.0.0

; Manufacturer section
[Manufacturer]
“SavaPage”=SavaPage,NTamd64,NTia64

; Model sections
[SavaPage]
“SavaPage Printer Driver” = SAVAPAGE.PPD, SavaPage

[SavaPage.NTamd64]

[SavaPage.NTia64]

#########################################################################

savapage.drv file ;

//=============================================================================
// NO DUPLEX
Duplex none

// Testing Inputslots…
// They are displayed in picklist in Ubuntu, Windows, Mac OS, BUT the
// selection is NOT passed to the IPP request when printing the job, why !?

InputSlot 0 “main/Main”
InputSlot 1 “top/Top”
InputSlot 2 “middle/Middle”
InputSlot 3 “bottom/Bottom”
InputSlot 4 “side/Side”

Thank you…

1 Like

@alfarizi Welcome to SavaPage!

SAVAPAGE.PPD is for CUPS only. For Windows, see Which PostScript driver to use in Windows?

@blown_5 The SavaPage Windows OEM Driver you refer to is deprecated.

hi everyone…
I’m having trouble, how do I connect the Savapage server to the HP LaserJet MFP M527 printer so that users can log in to the printer machine when printing documents, so far I’m still printing documents using the Savapage web, help me…

Hi,
@rijkr ,
We are trying to make source codes compilable. However, we cannot find the file named “org.savapage.core.versionInfo”.
How can we make the codes recompileable?
Thank you…

org.savapage.core.VersionInfo.java is generated from a template. Follow the build track in the savapage-make project

“Log in to the printer machine”? That’s not what SavaPage is about. Take some time to read the User Manual.

When trying to sync users with AD, I can’t seem to use a base DN that contains a space in the name. Escaping using \ or any combination of quotes doesn’t seem to work, and I can’t find a mention of this issue in the documentation. Is there a way to do this or am I out of luck?

@lorsungcu Did you try this format: DC="My DC with spaces"
If this does not work, please use support@savapage.org to continue this conversation.

SavaPage displays the name of the document in the interface when sending a Cyrillic file for printing \320\230\320\267\320\274\320\265\320\275\320\270\321\202\321\214 \320\277\321\200\320\270\320\275\321\202\320\265\321\200. Can supported SavaPage UTF8?

Hi @Aleksei Welcome to SavaPage. I cannot reproduce this finding. When I print a file with Cyrillic characters in its filename, the filename is displayed correctly in SavaPage. Can you give details about your printing scenario? From where (platform/OS) do you print, and which driver do you use?

Hello!
Driver used PostScript Printer Drive.
RedOS operating system based on RHEL 7

Hi @Aleksei This display error occurs when RAW printing (with PostScript printer driver) to SavaPage. The error has been fixed in the latest Release Candidate version.

What is the latest version available? We currently have 1.5.0-rc installed

1.5.0-rc is a “Rolling Release Candidate”, just download and install to run the latest version. See Upgrading the Server in the User Manual.

Can you please tell me what the latest version is at the moment? We already have 1.5.0-rc installed and the problem is still present

Download and install again.