Informal: Printing in exotic places

This can be a nice to read topic in an ongoing series of printing in exotic places.
If you know of amazing or strange printing situations, feel free to add your story.

First example I would like to bring is printing in space. On April 2nd 2018, in a SpaceX CRS14 rocket, the first HP Envy ISS printers were taken into orbit to serve at ISS, International Space Station.
HP adapted the Envy printer so it would perform well there. As per NASA request the HP Envy ISS printer now has the following specs:

• Paper management in zero-G
  • Flame retardant plastics*
  • Waste ink management in zero-G
  • Glass removal
  • Wired and wireless connectivity
  • Printing in multiple orientations (0⁰, 90⁰, 180⁰ & 270⁰ positions)
  • Environmental Testing (EMI, Materials, Acoustics, Flammability, Off-gassing, Power Compatibility, etc.)

More info on the HP Envy ISS printer series: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/nasa.html

human-hp-printer
Tina Leggio CC BY-ND 2.0

1 Like

I’m new to Savapage. I’m Brazilian. I would like to do a test with my local printer. I just didn’t understand how it works, I followed all the steps in the documentation.
After adding my printer directly to cups, the necessary configuration starts to appear in the print proxy.
I pay 50 euros, if someone makes a mini tutorial of how it works exactly, for my tests.